Monday, July 11, 2011

Not just for knitting anymore!

I joined up for reading the bible in 90 days! I am excited to do this as I have wanted to join a Bible study since last November. I saw this on mine of blog reading trips and thought "Why Not"! I ordered the materials and they arrived lightening fast. I am never one to leave "new to me" reading materials sit! I really tried to wait until today but I dug in over the weekend. I am glad I did! Let me tell you right from the start I was intimidated! I tried the first Bible, then another I had on hand, then finally I was able to piece it all together using my tried and true NIV Study Bible. It took awhile. I won't lie...it isn't easy. It is downright hard. I am terrified of not understanding something in this great book. It will be a challenge and a Journey that I know I will acquire a great deal from.
Mondays will be the day that I blog about my reading (just until October). I hope you all will be with me as I travel along reading the Bible. If you want to sign up please do at http://www.momstoolbox.com/blog/2011/06/21/bible-in-90-days-sign-up/ I would love to have a buddy to read with. My husband and daughter would love to thank you as I am already sure they are tired of all my questions!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you!! Don't be intimidated. It doesn't matter how many times you read a passage or a book of the Bible there is always more to glean. That's why it's the Living Book. Just be excited about what the Lord has for you this time through...

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by- I treasure hearing from you.