Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Yarn Along 3/07/2012

Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs. I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading? Take a photo and share it either on your blog or on Flickr. Leave a link below to share your photo with the rest of us! ~

Hello All! I am back(I missed Yarn along and all of you so much!)-- last week I was reading and knitting but so busy I couldn't find time to get online. We were submerged in Dr. Suess! Lots of reading and crafting.

sorry for the "saucy" smiles and lack of clothing.... And I was knitting (and finishing--woohoo) this:

This week my big ball of wool is back and I am re-reading a book I read many years ago.



My daughter picked up 19 Minutes a few weeks back for a school project and after reading it she was very unhappy(having such a hard time) with the ending and had a couple of detailed questions that I couldn't answer so we are having a mother/daughter book discussion.  I feel a little late to the party and I hope she can wait for me to finish reading before she moves on and doesn't "need" my opinion--teens do that alot, I am learning. I am still working on our Phoebe. But I have decided she won't be ours to keep. Now she be knitted up for our Youth Group Silent Auction. I am almost finished(with her body) and I will be knitting up some clothing to accompany Phoebe to her new home in April. Wish me luck!
I can't wait to see what everyone is working and reading!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I loved 19 minutes. The ending is a bit hard though. Hope you and your daughter can find a time talk and ease her mind.

    I love the little sweater....especially the color. Wish I had someone little to knit for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such pretty knitting! I love that little sweater. I've been tempted to make a little doll soon. Soon maybe...soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your knits are fabulous!! How can you part with Phoebe? You are a much bigger woman than I. It's the hardest thing for me still... to part with my knits! Well, I guess if it's for a good cause...

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Katrina,
    I was checking out your blog and Junah looked over my shoulder and is so interested in Phoebe...what's the pattern? We looked at your ravelry page but I couldn't find it (and now Junah wants a pair of wool doll pants for her perpetually naked baby doll :)
    Can't wait to see the finished Phoebe!
    - Barb

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by- I treasure hearing from you.