Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Yarn Along 4/18/2012

~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs. I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading? Take a photo and share it either on your blog or on Flickr. Leave a link below to share your photo with the rest of us! ~


Hello All! Thanks for stopping by this week. I have cast on a new project--surprise, right? I did manage to sew on Phoebe's ears and I am happy to say they are sewn on tightly and look pretty even--at least to me. My new project is one I am very excited to knit up.  Dancing in puddles just for me! I cast on while my girls were visiting their grandparents-- I was feeling some(okay, alot!) melancholy. I am glad I did a little selfish knitting. Those needles in my hands sure did soothe my soul. The wool is wonderful to knit up and the colors are so cheerful. And the boots will look wonderful with the liner--don't you think?

My reading this week is also unexpected. I picked up some books on Amazon this past week (on a whim) and I am happy to say they arrived quickly. And really just in the nick of time for me and my children. I have been stressing over discipline lately. I really feel my children have been taking notice of my words only when I start to become "Yelling Momma" . Most of the time, I feel like I let a lot of behaviors go or I over-discipline. There is no middle ground. Nothing seems to be working --time outs or taking away things never seem to do the trick. Also, my youngest has been making "going out" very unpleasant and I have been making an effort NOT to go out during the day-- it really made spring break unpleasant and my boys and I felt trapped most of the time. Even going to the park is stressful. I just feel like we need some help or guidance. Hopefully these books will help.
Thansk for reading and for stopping by. I can't wait to catch up on what everyone is doing(and reading)~

10 comments:

  1. That yarn's variegation is very cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your boots will be extra snugly and cute, good on you for knitting something special for your self

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should do some knitting for yourself! I think your boots are going to look great with a liner and I know you will enjoy wearing them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that yarn! Boot liners are on my 'to knit' list too. They are going to look and feel great I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colors! Yay for knitting for yourself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The varigated yarn is coming out splodgy. I wonder if it is going to look like you've been jumping in different coloured puddles, when they are finished.

    I have to read books, etc like yours every now and again. Gets me back in the right mind set.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The colors you chose are going to be perfect. Nothing wrong with a little knitting for oneself every once in awhile! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dancing in Puddles is such a great little pattern -- good for you to knit up something for yourself! As for discipline issues, my kids are now teens and incredibly good people. I owe that to a lot of talking rather than punishing. I've never found that punishing really works. I truly believe that no child is too young to have a heart-felt conversation with. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That yarn will be perfect for the boots! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. hello! thank you for visiting my blog and asking about the pockets! i don't think it's too late, there is still 2 weeks before we leave. you can email me at lorix5@hotmail.com for my address. thank you so much, your pockets will be so very much appreciated in africa!
    xox lori

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by- I treasure hearing from you.