Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Yarn Along 5/23/2012

~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs. I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading? Take a photo and share it either on your blog or on Flickr. Leave a link below to share your photo with the rest of us! ~ Taken from Ginny's blog


Can you believe Wednesday is here already? Sorry I missed last week I just didn't have any new reading or new knitting to add. BUT I did managed a couple of FO's!
In case anyone was wondering about our felted water bottle carrier.  I ended up throwing it back into the washing machine and I felted the heck out of it! Thanks for every one's advice and kind words!  A special thanks to Paula for giving my the courage to keep at it!  
I love the finished result!
Next I cast on waldorfmama's felted iphone purse for a young lady turning 14!  I really loved knitting up Waldorfmama's pattern. I do wish she had more. They are so easy and fun and now I feel more comfortable with the felting process.
I am happy with the purse but I would love to do a different flower(anyone have a knitted flower pattern they love) or maybe I could just sew the middle of it to the petals pop.
Next I finally finished my very own pair of Puddle Jumpers! Always the faithful pattern follower I knit for the 11.75 inches but I didn't read what the pattern added..."check you own boots against this length". Can you guess what happened next? I cast off added the strap--feeling fancy because I picked up the stitches requested for "said strap" and knit away on both! I sewed the strap on and tucked all cast on and cast off wools in and slide one into my boot and YUP you guessed...they were too long! I unravelled 3 heartbreaking inches and didn't add the strap this time around- I just don't think they need it. And this is the finished items.  

Last but certainly not least I cast on Naked.
I knit this in an afternoon! I love this pattern. I think it would lovely to have one on the needles all the time!
I managed to cast on another project for this week. A lyalya hoodie. Not for anyone I know, just to add to my stash. The construction intrigues me.
As for reading, it seems that there is more knitting going on. My older son is sick with some sinus issues so he is home from school--  I love when he sits still long enough to cuddle and read to. We ended up with a stack.
 We are only a few pages from the end of Help! I'm Prisoner The Library. It was nice to spend some quiet  uninterrupted(my youngest was still sleeping) time with some old friends--don't you love Jo-Beth and Mary Rose?
I can't wait to catch up with everyone!

7 comments:

  1. So many lovely projects you have knit. I know it must have been hard to rip back the boot tops, but they really do look great.
    Thank you for the Naked link, I am knitting cloths as a gift and this pattern in next on the list!
    Have a lovely yarn along day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate ripping stuff out...I once saved a large rip out for the knitting class that I teach just to show how it's done and let the kids know that everyone makes mistakes...I see it now as a learning process (but it still makes me mad!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those puddle-jumpers look awfully cozy!
    Ripping is sometimes a necessary evil, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the projects. Everything looks lovely. And thanks for the links....I needed some project inspiration for some gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...all your knitting turned out gorgeous! Love the puddle jumpers...those are awesome!
    I have never tried felting anything yet, but the two projects you have here are intriguing me to give it a try! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore your orange yellow and blue water bottle holder! ♥ You're a busy woman!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by- I treasure hearing from you.