Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Life Lessons




 As I am writing this, I am looking at my son enjoy the day. Playing in the sand, splashing in the water, and using his imagination! He has more imagination in his little finger than any of our little family put together! I love seeing the world with him and listening to him when he thinks no one is! He is my rainbow boy and truly spreads his colors and flare for life to anyone who takes the time to understand him! I have learned so many lessons this week.
To treat everything like a luxury! BOY do I need to remember to do that! Mostly I do remember that--I feel like everything in our life is a luxury, right down to the bread we eat!
Listen to what I should do! I do think if I listened to what I should do I would being listen to what God wants me to do. I need to listen to that voice more and question it less!
Most important,  I should live simply. Enjoy the here and now. I expect too much and I expect everything I do should have some significance. I look too much into things.
Mason and I were laying on our bellies today looking at the fish in the lake. Things that were going through my head were laundry, dishes, the mess I left behind when Mason and I left to come down to the dock, and my house we need to rent so that we rent one ourselves. Daily things I concentrate(dwell) on.We didn't see very many fish, at first, and then I really looked! There were so many! I looked into the water and watched the life going on under my feet!  I realized I need to look at events, the things, that come into my life simply. Enjoy them for what they are. Stay in the moment-- the way I did with Mason and the fish watching. Stay until he gets bored :) If felt right to stay in that moment with Mason and talk about how they move(swim) and counting them.
I get it now-- enjoy the moment! Relish in it! Bask in it!
Tomorrow Yarn along!!!

From The Creative Family “Creativity goes deeper than the ‘art’ sense of the word; it encompasses a whole way of living and being. Gratitude, and recognizing gratitude, can have a powerful effect on our whole lives. When we feel grateful, we feel full — full of love, full of inspiration, full of ideas, and full of creative spirit.”




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by- I treasure hearing from you.