Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Yarn Along 11/16/2011


~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs.


I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading? Take a photo and share it either on your blog or on ~ http://www.gsheller.com/
I thought I would share a "real" photo this week. We have a lot going on-- sewing, clipping photos of toys for our wish lists and playing with our toys(knitting for mom and pop up people for little man)
Oh my goodness I didn't blog at all last week. I did knit when I had a chance--all the UFO's I have on needles was the goal. I did manage to finish a corinthians hat for a co-worker of my husbands. If you have caught sight of me last week you would have seen me running around trying to baking mounds of cookies (for our youth spaghetti dinner) and tidying up our home in the process. No reading last week at all- that is hard sentence to type. I am reader- I have read since I was very little. All my life! It is sad for me to say my nose is not buried in a book these days. I can look at it as my life is so busy I just don't have time, right?
This week I am casting on a Santa hat for my oldest son. He will be in pageant at his school and is singing in a TRIO! And they are encouraging the children to wear Santa hats-how fun! Last night at dinner, I asked him which he would prefer...a handmade hat or a store bought hat. To be able to offer him a choice was such a joy! As you can tell he chose a hand knit hat. I am beyond thrilled!
My reading this week is for my son and myself to share. My son and I (the very same one I am knitting the hat for) have decided to start reading chapter books at bedtime. The decision was hard for me- I have so many books I want share with him- so many I read as a child- but choosing one is difficult! We have very different tastes! Harry Potter is one he and I both agreed on very quickly! Since all the movies have come out on DVD, I have finally taken an interest-- which means my little home has also taken an interest in the young wizard. I haven't read these books or watched one of the many movies all the way through and he hasn't either so I think it will keep both our interests. I think he (and I) can handle one chapter per night.
Wish us luck!
I can't wait to catch up with you all!

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by- I treasure hearing from you.