Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Yarn Along 12/28/2011


Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs. I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading? Take a photo and share it either on your blog or on Flickr. Leave a link below to share your photo with the rest of us! ~  from Ginny's blog
Hello fellow crafters and readers! Glad you stopped by. We are slowly recovering from Christmas- well, I should say I am. The children are just fine. Our days are filled with chaos at times and then other times are quiet and peaceful. Christmas came and went and, at points, it felt like an ordinary Sunday. Not that I thought there would be a fireworks display announcing Christ's birth(though this year I did feel it in my heart)but maybe I thought a blanket of piece would have cover my world... It made me feel a bit of menalcoly, for a lack of a better word. But in reality my day felt like something was lacking...it was an ordinary day. Maybe next year, we will offer our time to a soup kitchen or find another way to give back to Jesus for all he has done for us. Thoughts for another day...
But NOW is the best part of after Christmas. When my children are home and we are all together! The time between the old year and the beginning of the new year is one I treasure. And this week, with my bunch,  has been awesome! We have played many rounds of Sleeping Queens and sung countless Glee songs. It is better than I could hope for.
The handmade gifts I made were well received. Eldest rarely takes off her cowl, isn't that wonderful! Every knitter likes to see their recipients derive pleasure from the woolies(as well as warmth) The boys like their story stones. Mason (littlest) likes to empty his bag and keep his Power Rangers in it.... He did announce they need blankets and pillows so "mama, please make them!" 6 Pillows materialized yesterday (scraps from a sheet, each stuffed with cotton balls). I asked Eldest yesterday if there were full enough and she instantly brought me back to reality with her teenage knowledge. "Mom, they are great. I mean, only a Power Ranger will be sleeping on it. I think they are fine, Mom." Ah, my dose of reality :)
As you can see by my knitting this week, that a wee little blanket (for a Power Ranger) is being knitted up. No, it is not a coaster..... It is the Acorn doll blanket  by Joanna Johnson. I am using fingering weight wool and size 1 needles. I do feel a bit silly making blankets for little dolls, I mean Action Figures. But if my thoughtful Rainbow Boy sees a need that I can fill, 4 more blankets will follow after this one.
My reading this week has changed!  Inconceivable was so wonderful and very well written. It left no stone unturned and every question a reader might have, was answered. I really applaud the Savages. They are both what God wants us to be. Giving of themselves and creating a life for no other reason (and the most important one) that every Life is sacred. Truly heroic! The grief they endured for 8 months and the time after Little Man was born is just heartbreaking.
My next read is Choosing to SEE . It is Mary Beth Chapman's story about the loss of her daughter, the struggle to heal, and the unexpected path God has placed her on. (taken a bit from amazon but they said it better than I did!)

I am including 2 links to boost your days-- please visit their sites and read their messages. Soulemama's message speaks to my heart and righted my world-- isn't it funny how words have the power to do that! And Mary's message is one I will follow this coming year and I would instill in my children.
As Mary says:  Pick a word. And let it seep into your life this year.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by- I treasure hearing from you.