Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Yarn Along and Finally back online!

~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs. I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading? Take a photo and share it either on your blog or on Flickr. Leave a link below to share your photo with the rest of us! Ginny's blog

I'm Back! So much to catch up on. Everyone is doing great. Settling in and keeping busy. Internet in our home has been spotty at the best of time but Comc**t came into our area this month we took fulll advantage as quick as we could. And look at us-back online! I am trying to catch up with everyone so please bear with me. I have missed you all so very much!
I have been busy making our house a home- cooking and nesting. Trying each day to leave our mark on our new "digs".  I have been madly pinning and trying to catch up with fellow knitters when I can get a few waves of a good signal to blow our way. There is never a ball of wool far from reach. I am sorry to say that good books are few and far between these days. I miss books with a passion. (Can you hear the sigh that went along with that sentence?) I am reading the bibly weekly through a study group at my church using this workbook and my handy bible. Anyone have some good recommendations for some nice gentle reads?
I have discovered that I like to bake, who knew? I have been making making these by the cookie jar full! And these when I just want to show off. They are so easy! I have been knitting on a Just Jussi pinwheel beanie for a new little miss (little one at our church) who born last month. And I ordered some wool for some surprise gifts for Christmas.(more on those in a couple of weeks-knitpicks says my order will arrive by the 15th!) I started a seamen's scarf. Such a wonderful technique and the lace pattern keeps me on my toes! There are a lot more UFO's (unfinished objects) in my overflowing basket but that will keep you (and me) busy for now. I still have to add my projects(from the last year!) to ravelry but I will in a couple of days when I dig out our camera. No more taking project photos on my sweet oh so patient teenage daughters' phones!
Bear with me and I look forward to catching up with you!

3 comments:

  1. I pop in now and then just to check... I'm glad you're back!

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, and you mentioned a baby girl... congrats!

    ~~D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by- I treasure hearing from you.