Monday, October 17, 2011

A couple of things I want to share

I have a few minutes before I get my oldest son up for school and thought I would post some things I have been up to. Remember the hat from last week.... I went to do the decreases and found out that the I knitted the whole way without the right number of stitches. Some might say that isn't a problem, they would say just go on and finish the hat-- you knit 6.5 inches and you are 3/4 of the way finished just finish it. I just couldn;t do it. The pattern says 72 stitches and I had 68.  The perfectioniust in me, the pattern follower who follows patterns to a tee, the ruler follower in me would not allow it! Too look at it-- it looked fine. But I am sure if it was tried on a 6-12 month old head it would have been too long and too tight! So I painfully ripped it out. And decided to use the cast on and ribbing for a pair of bloomers! Did you know that cast on stitches for a baby beanie  almost equal a cast on stitches for a pair of pants? Do you think that means that a baby's waist is the same size as their head? Interesting thought....
I have been cooking again. Using lovely pinterest  as my guide. I do love that place and I spend entirely too much time there. BUT in my defense I have accomplished so much with it! Just some things I have made... maple glazed carrots, my first frittata with bacon and biscuits and bacon gravy on the side (it was delicious!), and this lovely sticky bun breakfast ring. I surprised myself with how well everything turned out.
I am making my own comet, making my own foam soap, and have put together a cleaning schedule that doesn't overwhelm me and most importantly gets the house clean! Sorry for not having photos, I still have yet to unearth our camera. Maybe today-- it would be nice to add photos to my blog again.... sigh.
Lately, I found myself in a role that for years I have fought. The cookie-baking, knitting, making a home for her family role. For years, that role felt like it was a pair of pants that were too big. I fought it tooth and nail. It felt wrong to want to stay home and take care of my children and make a home for my children and my husband, why is that? Now I realize that all I want to do is create a home for my little family. I feel like I am trying to make up for lost time. It makes me sad though, to realize how valuable my role in our family is and to finally embrace it-- after my girls are no longer so little. It would have been so much more enjoyable for all of us- if I had read to them each night before bed and had cookies for them each day when they got home from school. Yes, I stayed home with them and cleaned up after them and made their lunches each day(and I do those things now for them) the difference is that I embrace knowing that I like to do it. I don't try to hide it, embarassed and ashamed. So to all the mommas out there who look at the other mommas and envy what they have. It is okay to be who you are. Embrace your roles whatever they are. Remember your value is not determined by what others think of you or even what you think of yourself. Your value is determined by how only how God views you. Do something to make him smile.

Before you ever took a breath


Long before the world began

Of all the wonders He possessed

There was one more precious

Of all the earth and skies above

You're the one He madly loves

Enough to die!

You're beautiful, You're beautiful

In His eyes

You're beautiful!

You are made for so much more than all of this

You're beautiful!

You are treasured, you are sacred, you are His

You're beautiful!

You are made for so much more than all of this

You're beautiful!

You are treasured

You are sacred

You are His

Lyrics by : Mercy me from the song Beautiful



1 comment:

  1. Beautiful post... beautiful mama. Yes, it's so nice to have you back.

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by- I treasure hearing from you.