Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Yarn Along 10/19/2011

~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs. I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading? Take a photo and share it either on your blog or on Flickr. Leave a link below to share your photo with the rest of us! ~
**taken from Ginny's blog



Hello fellow knitters and readers! Officially back with photos this week-- unearthed the camera and the memory cards so please be prepared for lots of photos with my posts(from now on).
My book choice this week is Courageous. As you can see I found it at Wal**rt. I walked by it 3 times before it found the way into my cart. I don't normally read books that are movies first- it is usually the other way around. But the book assures me there are subplots, characters, and a backstory not seen in the movie. It is about police officers and the challenges they face with fatherhood. So far, it is really great!! The writing is very vivid and had me enthralled on page one!

This week I am working on my UFO's (unfinished objects). I seem to have acquired a bunch of them over the last year and that is very unlike me. Over the years, I am the person who can not start a book or project before she finished the first one. Having all these unknitted items, quite frankly, drives me crazy! This week I am working on a corinthian hat for a friend at my husband's job. His workmates have all asked for hats and I am always looking for someone to knit for who would wear something I have knit so I jumped on this in a hurry! This particular hat-not the pattern, it is perfect(I have knit it once straight through, then frogged it) - has caused me some stress. I love cables, I enjoy watching them form after each round- they keep my mind occupied and helps me enjoy the noise around me(rather than me stress about). I have knit and reknit a couple of hats with this wool. The wool I am using(cascade 220) is a great color, but it more like a DK weight. We(the wool cake and I) are both very tired of each other at this point. First it was too big, then not big enough. Mason is sporting that one around town now! I decided, after much angst, that holding 2 strands together produces a fabric that the wearer will enjoy. Once coming to that conclusion,  I used the pattern search at Ravelry (don't you love that place) and found a pattern calling for bulky weight pattern, decided to add some repeats for the top. And now, all I have are about 16 rows left. Hopefully today will be the day I finish it! *fingers crossed*
Thanks for sticking with me through knitting drama 2011 and this week's Yarn Along. I cannot wait to read what ya'll are reading and knitting!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with your UFOs! I try to stick to a project at a time otherwise I would have nothing but UFOs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love cables, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by- I treasure hearing from you.