Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Yarn Along 10/26/2011

~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs. I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading? Take a photo and share it either on your blog or on Flickr. Leave a link below to share your photo with the rest of us! ~

Taken from Ginny's blog
Hello Fellow Wool Enthusiasts!
Thanks for stopping by. This week I am playing catch up, I stumbled onto a UFO hidden in the depths of my closet. It isn't for anyone in particular(I actually think the cast on number is for a baby!) This past week I have cast on many woollies but one reason or another failed. Maybe it is this cold I am sniffling with or something else entirely because I can not seem to focus on the things that need to be knitted. I spent the better part of yesterday trying to knit up toe up socks for a little one-- toe up, fellow knitters! Impossible for me- ever hear of a square toe cast on? I did manage to have a set of perfect little booties come off my needles and they really were perfect(no action shots-sorry) and I knit up a Flower hat for the same little one. That turned well, except the I-cord in the brim was chunky at the seaming point. I think maybe I will provisional cast on next time and Kitchener stitch it closed. Any tips on seaming so that no one can tell I did it?
I also met a knitter at my son's school! Can you believe it?! She had on the prettiest cap and I told her how lovely it was on her- it was beautiful (trying to figure out the stitch pattern as I ogled it) She told me that she made it herself! And the following day I asked what pattern she used and she whipped it off her head and explained more about it! She made the pattern up! Can you believe that! Oh how I envy knitters who can do that. The knitter who knows the numbers to cast on for the proper fit and they instinctively know what type of increase/decrease to do.  Ahhhh the perfect knitter~
I am still reading the same book. It is a good read ( most days I read as I eat lunch) but I haven't had the frame of mind to read lately.
That's all from life here- I am baking cookies today as our cookie jar is empty-shocking, I know!) Maybe I will get a few rows in on this UFO while I am at.
Please go on over and read about Debbie She has given up blogging for the 20 days so that she can focus on the cry of desperate people in the overwhelming place of making a choice. She has been on my mind so much lately.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by- I treasure hearing from you.